Friday, May 16, 2014

Celebrating 50!

So, my best friend in the whole world/sister celebrated her 50th birthday.  In our family, we are not embarrassed of our ages, and we will gladly tell you how we old are!  We are grateful for every year we have lived, no matter if they were great or not so great.


I got the sketch from Pinterest, as usual.  You can find the original blog post, here.  As you can see, I made only a few changes.  While I know I need that specific stamp, I substituted with another PI-Cause for Celebration.  Which I picked up at the My Favorite Things Store in Eustis, Florida.  They were having a holiday celebration last Christmas.  There were snacks, free make and takes, and the shop was open with awesome sales.  I got this little baby for only $2.25!!  Of course, Laura (my bff/sister) and I went and had a blast and spent too much money!  We could have spent more, but didn't.

Let's see, my birthday girl is colored with Copics and her dress/bow is paper pieced.  Lots of dies were used:  Nestabilities, Papertrey Ink Numbers, My Favorite Things Scalloped Oval and Fish Tail Pennants.  Throw in a few paper punches, Diamond Glaze, ribbon, half pearls and some cat hair and it's done!  The cat hair was not intentional, when you have Diamond Glaze out and a rather large cat rolling on your table it's inevitable.

Supplies:
Stamps:  My Favorite Things-PI Cause for Celebration
Ink:  Memento
Paper:  Neenah, American Crafts, My Mind's Eye
Misc:  Paper punches, Nestabilities, Copics, Diamond Glaze, Fish Tail Pennants and Oval Scallop Die-Namics, Numbers Papertrey Ink Dies, pop up dots, half pearls

I hope you have a nice afternoon.  It's sunny and cool here in Central Florida.  I have the windows open, fresh air blowing, good music playing, my kitties, and my craft stuff...how much better can it get.  My internet was down for a few days this week, so my cable company gave me credit for two free movies on demand, so I will watch some thing this evening.  I'm thinking Devil's Knot, I read the book, and I am interested to see how the movie portrays it.

Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment