Tuesday, May 27, 2014

You Spin Me Right Round...

Here are a few gifts that I made my Mom and Sister.  We love to craft, and we love to organize our craft stuff!  I bought some Lazy Susans at Ikea (love that place) for the bases, some spray paint at Home Depot, picked my trash for empty cans and went to work.


For this one, I actually spray painted the Lazy Susan as well.  Laura's sewing room is white and blue, and I wanted to it to match.  I couldn't find any paper that I really liked, so I used my favorite piece of fabric I have in my stash.  I used some Heat and Bond on the fabric to give it a little of stability and then Modge Podged it on to my cans.  With Mason Jars being so popular now, I decided that adding one would look nice.  The cans and jar are decorated with bits of lace, ribbon, and pom pom trim.  Then, I added some crochet flowers, decopaged clothes pins, and some felt leaves.


Laura actually surprised me and came over when I was making this, but I know she act completely surprised when I give this to her.  That is what an awesome sister I have!

So, this next one is for my Mom.  I left the Lazy Susan it's natural color.  This time I used some coordinating scrapbook paper.  



Supplies:
Paper:  Graphic 45, Carte Bella
Misc:  Lazy Susans, clothespins, lace, ribbon, pom pom trim, buttons, crochet flowers, felt, Modge Podge, fabric, Heat and Bond, felt heart trim, glue gun, Ball Canning Jar

Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments: